Brunch enthusiasts, get ready for a culinary treat! Today, we’re embracing the art of gourmet cooking with a simple yet sophisticated recipe inspired by Chef Ben Ing from Alberta’s Kitchen and Store in Busselton. We’re making Yogurt Pancakes, a dish that’s not just delicious but also a feast for the senses, especially when drizzled with the luxurious Truffle Hill Truffle Honey.
Yogurt Pancakes With Truffle Honey
Inspired by Chef Ben Ing, Alberta’s Kitchen and Store
Serves: 4-6 (depending on the size of the pancakes)
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 500 mL hung yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, for cooking
- Truffle Hill Truffle Honey, for serving
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the Batter: Begin by mixing the egg yolks with the hung yogurt until they’re well combined. Mix the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl. Gently fold this dry mixture into the yogurt mixture. It’s important to keep some lumps in the batter to maintain texture.
- Whip the Egg Whites: Whip the egg whites in another bowl until they form stiff peaks. This step is crucial for adding lightness and airiness to your pancakes. Carefully fold the whipped whites into the batter, ensuring not to deflate them.
- Cook the Pancakes: Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a bit of butter. Pour in the batter to form pancakes and cook until you see bubbles forming on the surface. Then, flip them over and cook until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a Gourmet Touch: Serve these fluffy pancakes hot from the skillet. The pièce de résistance is a generous drizzle of truffle honey over the top, adding a unique and luxurious flavour. Extravagantly garnish with whipped cream if you prefer.
About Chef Ben Ing
Chef Ben Ing’s gastronomic path, rooted in Canada, is marked by a swift rise through the echelons of the culinary world. Beginning his career in Ottawa at 17, Chef Ben quickly demonstrated exceptional culinary skills. His journey took him to the esteemed Eleven Madison Park in New York City, where he honed his craft, and then to the globally renowned Noma in Copenhagen. Here, under the mentorship of René Redzepi, he ascended to the role of head chef by the age of 30, contributing significantly to the restaurant’s acclaimed success.
In 2020, seeking new culinary horizons, Chef Ben moved to Busselton, Western Australia, where he co-founded Alberta’s Kitchen & Store. This venture marked a new chapter in his career, allowing him to infuse his dishes with the unique flavours of the Australian landscape. Today, Chef Ing is celebrated not just for his culinary achievements but also as a visionary and mentor, shaping the future of global cuisine with his innovative approach and dedication to excellence.
This recipe for yogurt pancakes with truffle honey is proof that you can make amazing meals with basic ingredients. The tangy yogurt in the batter complements the rich, earthy tones of the truffle honey, offering a brunch experience that’s both indulgent and comforting. You’ll elevate your brunch game with this recipe, whether for a special occasion or an everyday treat.