Luxurious, earthy, and impossible to resist, the truffle possesses a celestial allure unlike any other ingredient. This mysterious fungi born underground in the roots of trees has enthralled gastronomes for centuries. When shaved over simple, fresh dishes, the truffle’s beguiling aroma and flavor elevate each bite to culinary heaven. Though recipes abound for elaborate truffle creations, preparations that let the truffle shine in its naked glory are best.
So indulge in truffle perfection with these tempting creations made for truffle devotees and novices alike.
Truffle Burger Recipe
Savour the decadence of our Truffle Burger, where gourmet meets everyday comfort. Each bite delivers a burst of rich, earthy truffle notes harmoniously blended with juicy, grilled perfection. Elevate your burger experience to unparalleled heights and let this culinary masterpiece tantalise your taste buds. It’s not just a meal; it’s an indulgence.
4 burger servings
- 500 grams ground beef
- 4 brioche buns
- 1/2 cup Truffle Hill Truffle Jus
- 1/4 cup Truffle Hill Truffle Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved Truffle Hill Black Truffles
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced bacon
- Truffle Hill Truffle Hot Sauce (optional)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, and pepper until well combined. Form the mixture into four equal-sized patties.
- Grill the burgers for 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the burgers are cooking, whisk together the Truffle Hill Truffle Jus and Truffle Hill Truffle Oil in a small bowl.
- Toast the brioche buns on the grill or in a toaster oven.
- To make the balsamic-glazed mushrooms, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Add the balsamic vinegar to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the vinegar has reduced and thickened.
- To make the onion-bacon compote, cook the diced bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside. Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is tender and caramelized.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the truffle sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Add a burger patty to each bun, followed by a spoonful of balsamic-glazed mushrooms and a spoonful of onion-bacon compote.
Optional: Drizzle a small amount of truffle hot sauce for heat.
- Add a generous amount of shaved black truffles on top of the compote. Add the top half of the bun.
You’ve got the Recipe – now start cooking!
Buy a Starter Pack of 100ml Truffle Oil, 110g Truffle Mustard, 95g Truffle Aioli, 135g Truffle Honey, 60g Truffle Sea Salt, and 100g Truffle Tapenade with Mushroom for $98 delivered to you postage-free!
While you are at it, buy a great gift for family or friends from our range of high-quality truffle aroma-enhanced products, truffle jus, fresh black Perigord truffles (in season), award-winning wines and gift packs. Also, postage free if purchased with your Starter Pack.