Take a look into the culinary world of Chef Dean Williams, where magic happens in the kitchen of Meelup Farmhouse. Imagine a dish that dances on the edge of simplicity and sophistication – that’s the Truffle Beef Carpaccio for you.
This is not your average carpaccio: it is a fusion of the finest grass-fed Margaret River beef paired with the decadent Truffle Hill Truffle Aioli. It is a playful twist on the classic, where beef slices whisper tales of lush pastures, and truffle aioli has an earthy flavour.
Ready to tantalise your taste buds? Let’s transform your dining table into a gourmet stage with this recipe!
Truffle Beef Carpaccio Recipe
Inspired by Chef Dean Williams, Meelup Farmhouse
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Cooking Time: None
- Beef Fillet (preferably grass-fed Margaret River beef) – 200 grams
- Celeriac – 1 medium-sized
- Truffle Hill Truffle Aioli – 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil – for drizzling
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Pecorino Cheese – for garnishing
- Fresh Truffle (optional, for truffle season) – for garnishing
Prepare the Beef:
- Take a section of beef fillet and wrap it tightly in cling film.
- Place the wrapped beef in the freezer for 30-40 minutes until it is firm but not frozen.
- Once firm, use a sharp knife to slice the beef very thinly.
Make the Celeriac Remoulade:
- Peel the celeriac and slice it into thin matchsticks.
- In a bowl, mix the celeriac matchsticks with Truffle Hill Truffle Aioli. Add salt and pepper to taste. The mixture should resemble a coleslaw.
Assemble the Dish:
- Lay the beef slices flat on a plate.
- Season the beef with a little salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Alternatively, truffle oil can be used for an extra truffle flavour.
- Place a generous amount of the celeriac remoulade in the centre of the beef slices.
- Use a microplane to grate Pecorino cheese over the beef.
- If available and in season, garnish with freshly shaved truffle.
- Serve immediately as a fresh, elegant entree.
A trip into effortless gourmet dining begins with the Truffle Beef Carpaccio recipe. The combination of thinly sliced, top-quality beef and the rustic charm of celeriac remoulade, all tied together with the luxurious Truffle Hill Truffle Aioli, creates an elegant and inviting dish. Its visual appeal is stunning, with the bright celeriac set against the deep hues of the beef, crowned with delicate Pecorino and, if you’re lucky, a sprinkle of fresh truffle. Let Truffle Hill enrich your cooking, and don’t forget to share your delicious experiences!