Luxurious, earthy, and impossible to resist, the truffle possesses a celestial allure unlike any other ingredient. This mysterious fungi born underground in the roots of trees has enthralled gastronomes for centuries. When shaved over simple, fresh dishes, the truffle’s beguiling aroma and flavor elevate each bite to culinary heaven. Though recipes abound for elaborate truffle creations, preparations that let the truffle shine in its naked glory are best.
So indulge in truffle perfection with these tempting creations made for truffle devotees and novices alike.
Black Truffle Ravioli
Black Truffle Ravioli is an exquisite centrepiece for any meal, especially when the pasta is crafted to perfection, cradling the rich truffle filling. Elevate this classic dish by using the finest black truffles, introducing a mysterious depth of earthy flavours. While traditional ravioli shapes are a delight, consider experimenting with artisanal pasta designs for an added touch of elegance. Whether you choose classic or contemporary, every bite promises a harmonious blend of texture and taste.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Truffle Hill Black Perigord Truffles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the eggs and olive oil.
- Use a fork to mix the eggs and olive oil into the flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 10-15 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped Truffle Hill Black Truffles, ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out the dough using a pasta maker or a rolling pin until it is thin enough to cut into ravioli.
- Use a ravioli cutter or a knife to cut the dough into small squares.
- Place a small spoonful of the black truffles and ricotta cheese mixture onto half of the squares.
- Place the remaining squares on top of the filling and press the edges together to seal the ravioli.
- Cook the ravioli in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Serve the black truffle ravioli with your favourite sauce or toppings like the Truffle Hill Pasta Sauce.
You’ve got the Recipe – now start cooking!
Buy a Starter Pack of 100ml Truffle Oil, 110g Truffle Mustard, 95g Truffle Aioli, 135g Truffle Honey, 60g Truffle Sea Salt, and 100g Truffle Tapenade with Mushroom for $98 delivered to you postage-free!
While you are at it, buy a great gift for family or friends from our range of high-quality truffle aroma-enhanced products, truffle jus, fresh black Perigord truffles (in season), award-winning wines and gift packs. Also, postage free if purchased with your Starter Pack.